Founded in 1930 as the Tennessee Trucking Association, TTA was forged out of the belief that a strong, unified industry would be essential in remaining effective and profitable in the future. Tennessee is one of the oldest state trucking associations in the nation. As an independent, non-profit trade association representing more than 400 trucking companies and industry vendors, the Tennessee Trucking Association exists to encourage the healthy growth and betterment of the trucking industry statewide.
TTA's 79th Annual Convention this year had as its theme "Leaner, Keener, Greener" where issues like highway reauthorization, EFCA and sustainability were topics.
The Tennessee Trucking Association provides comprehensive training on topics ranging from safety compliance to tax issues through AdvanceOnline. The TTA also provides NATMI (North American Transportation Management Institute) Certified Training.
Safety Management Council
The TTA's SMC is composed of risk management personnel, company safety personnel, law enforcement officials and industry vendors.
Regional chapters gather to exchange ideas and information. Law enforcement officers, representatives of manufacturers of transportation equipment and components, and fleet maintenance supervisors in the TTA are invited to attend.
This is a political action committee formed by the Tennessee Trucking Association to influence the public in supporting or opposing candidates whose stands are perceived as being in support of or in opposition to the interests of the trucking industry in Tennessee. TruckPAC does not currently provide support to congressional or presidential candidates, but focuses on state-level candidates.
TTA Pinnacle Award: Tommy Ross was awarded this highest honor in 2008. Fleet Safety Awards are given to recognize achievements in keeping accident rates low. Hugh Galbreath Safety Professional of the Year Maintenance Professional of the Year Tennessee Driver of the Year for 2009 was Dave Hall of FirstFleet, Inc.
Truck Driving Championships 2009
A number of drivers and their firms competed in this event. The top scoring driver was Terry Certain, of Con-Way Freight. Other drivers of note were:
• Terry Jones of Averitt Express, Inc. and Brady Todd of FedEx Express in the Driving competition.
• Mick Galbraith of Con-Way Freight, Steven Heinz also of Con-Way Freight, Donnie Guthrie of Martin-Brower Company and Robert Reed of Wal-Mart Transportation in the Written Test competition.
• Greg Sharrow of AAA Cooper Transportation, Barry Hertan of Con-Way Freight, James Keller also of Con-Way Freight, and Danny Ewell of Wal-Mart Transportation, all of whom tied in the Pre-Trip competition.
You are invited to talk to the leaders and board of directors of the Tennessee Trucking Association:
• President and CEO: Dave Huneryager
• Vice President: Andrea Hayes
• Director of Safety: Edmond Sorrell
• Membership Coordinator: Catherine Stuart
• Administrative Coordinator: Carol Foster
Board of Directors:
• Chairman: Bob Pemberton, Pemberton Truck Lines, Inc., Knoxville, TN
• Immediate Past Chairman: J.B. Baker, Volunteer Express, Inc., Nashville, TN
• Chairman-Elect & WTN Region Vice Chairman: Ronald Lancaster, Mid South Transport, Inc., Memphis, TN
• Treasurer: Mike McFarlin, M & W Transportation Co., Inc., Nashville, TN
• Secretary: Jim Mosby, Regions Bank, Nashville, TN
• ETN Region Vice Chairman: Joseph D. Herman, Danny Herman Trucking, Inc., Mountain City, TN
• MTN Region Vice Chairman: Scott George, Tennessee Express, Inc., Nashville, TN
• SETN Vice Chairman: Phillip Edwards, Titan Transfer, Inc., Shelbyville, TN
• Non-Domiciled Region Vice Chairman: Bob Snyder, United Parcel Services, Atlanta, GA
• Allied Vice Chairman: Alan Tanksley, Fleetco, Inc., Nashville, TN
• ATA Vice President: Dave Manning, Tennessee Express, Inc., Nashville, TN
• TruckPAC Co-chairman: Tommy Wilson, Rush Peterbilt Truck Center., Smyrna, TN
• TruckPAC Co-chairman: Marshall Brown, Gale Smith + Company, Brentwood, TN
• Chairman, TN Trucking Foundation: Tommy Hodges, Goggin Warehousing, LLC, Shelbyville, TN
• General Counsel: C. Dale Allen, Miller & Martin, PLLC, Nashville, TN