The National Truck Equipment Association (NTEA), established in 1964, currently represents over 1,800 companies that manufacture, distribute, install, buy, sell and repair commercial trucks, truck bodies, truck equipment, trailers and accessories. Buyers of work trucks and the major commercial truck chassis manufacturers also belong to the Association. From its humble beginnings where less than 50 distributors met for those first sales and marketing conferences, the NTEA has grown to become the exclusive representative of the commercial truck body and equipment industry.
The mission of the National Truck Equipment Association is to further the prosperity of its members and function as the hub for the truck and transportation equipment industry.
Headquartered in Detroit, MI—the heart of the automotive industry—the National Truck Equipment Association (NTEA) serves as a liaison between those involved in the manufacture and distribution of truck equipment and the end-users. The NTEA functions as a resource and a powerful voice for its member companies, ensuring that the needs of manufacturers and end-users are met. The National Truck Equipment Association also advocates for truck equipment interests before legislative and regulatory bodies. Click here to learn more about the objectives of the National Truck Equipment Association.
The National Truck Equipment Association provides a wealth of information for the work truck equipment industry. Click here to access the NTEA's many online resources of value to the work truck equipment community.
The NTEA promotes educational opportunities for its members through online seminars, on-site training, and annual events. Click here for an overview of the National Truck Equipment Association educational offerings and upcoming events.
The Board of Trustees of the National Truck Equipment Association is represented by both manufacturer and distributor members. The following Association Committees also serve the NTEA:
• Executive Committee
• Services Committee
• Operations Committee
• Strategic Committee
Click here to learn more about the NTEA Association Committees.
In addition to several e-newsletters, the NTEA offers a variety of technical resources of interest to those in the truck equipment community. Click here for a list of publications provided by the National Truck Equipment Association.
• President: - Andrew L. Outcalt; President, - Meyer Products LLC and Swenson Spreader LLC
• First Vice President: - Allen Birmingham; National Sales Manager, - Tommy Gate Co.
• Third Vice President/Treasurer: - Steven Sill; President, - Aspen Equipment Co.
• Executive Director and Secretary: - Jim Carney; CAE, - National Truck Equipment Association
• Steve Hayes; General Manager, - Layton Truck Equipment
• Bobby Horton; General Manager, - Commercial Body & Rigging
• Shawn Jacobs; President, - STS Trailer & Truck Equipment
• Frank P. Livas; Senior Vice President/COO, - Brake & Clutch, Inc.
• Jeffrey Messer; President, - Messer Truck Equipment
• Blake Murray; General Manager, - General Truck Equipment
• Richard Sippola; President, Carnegie Body Co.
• Brett Collins; VP Sales and Marketing,Venco/Venturo Manufacturing, Inc.
• Mark Woody; CEO, - Palfinger North America
To learn about the many benefits of becoming a National Truck Equipment Association member and to join the NTEA, click here.