The National Trailer Dealers Association (NTDA), established in 1990, represents semi-trailer dealers and manufacturers, offering members an array of programs and services that promote productivity and profitability. The NTDA was established as an organization to strengthen what the founders said was a neglected voice in the trailer industry.
Established in 1990, the National Trailer Dealers Association (NTDA) comprises dealer and allied member companies across North America. Based in Farmington Hills, MI, the NTDA is a unified organization that serves as a strong voice for the trailer industry. The National Trailer Dealers Association offers its members education and networking opportunities, and advocates for improvements to the economic and regulatory environments of the trailer community. Working to promote public goodwill, the NTDA advances the cause of highway safety and encourages high standards of service and conduct. Click here to learn more about the history and objectives of the National Trailer Dealers Association.
For information on the NTDA annual convention, click here.
The NTDA scholarship is awarded annually to an employee, or a child of an employee, for the purpose of advancing his or her education at an accredited, degree-granting institution. The amount of the scholarship varies. In 2009, a scholarship in the amount of $7000 was underwritten by Bridgestone Bandag Tire Solutions and Meritor WABCO. Click here for information on the NTDA scholarship and for application instructions.
TrailerTalk is the award-winning newsletter published by the National Trailer Dealers Association. It features a variety of information and updates, including industry events, association news, and relevant legislative and regulatory topics. Click here for a sample copy of the NTDA newsletter.
The National Trailer Dealers Association also offers a free e-newsletter that focuses on timely industry and member news as well as legislative and regulatory updates. Click here for a sample copy of the NTDA News Alert.
Board of Directors
• NTDA President: Holly Hale; President, Country Supply Trailers, Inc.
• NTDA First Vice President: Dave Boyd; President/COO, Aero Industries
• NTDA Second Vice President: Robert Velthouse; Vice President, L&V Trailer Sales, Inc.
• NTDA Secretary/Treasurer: Mike Dye; President, Southwest Trailers & Equipment
• C. Michael Depew; President, CMD Trailer Sales & Leasing, Inc.
• Michael Shuemake; President, Central Valley Trailer Repair, Inc.
• Roger Simon; President, Pioneer Trailer Sales
• Mark Taylor; President, CRTS, Inc.
• Dave Tomasello; Executive Vice President, Hale Trailer Brake & Wheel, Inc.
• Todd Wayne; Vice President — Sales Manager, Crossroads Trailers Sales & Service, Inc.
• Duff Bell; Software Applications Specialist, Karmak, Inc.
• David Durand; Director — Aftermarket Parts, Great Dane Trailers
• Executive Director: Steve Carey
• Member Services Manager: Jim Hamilton
• Communications Manager: Summer Marrs
• Executive Assistant: Sheree Campbell
The National Trailer Dealers Association offers two membership categories: dealer and allied. The NTDA dealer membership applies to independent licensed dealers or companies engaged in the business of buying and selling semi-trailers, while the NTDA allied membership is appropriate for those involved in the manufacture of semi-trailers and/or semi-trailer parts and accessories. Click here for information on how to join the National Trailer Dealers Association.